Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about painting my trunk mercedes emblem black, is there a hole when i take the mercedes emblem off? and what paint do i use? pls help..thanks

·
Registered
MB C-300 Sport 2009 Manual Black XPIPE+Exhaust=Brilliance
341 Posts
thinking about painting my trunk mercedes emblem black, is there a hole when i take the mercedes emblem off? and what paint do i use? pls help..thanks
as far as I remember its taped no holes but i am not 100% sure the shop vinyl-ed mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 MB C350 Sport, 2002 Audi TT Roadster
16 Posts
It will leave three holes. If you are careful you can remove it, paint it, and return it with no problem. It is plastic so be careful.

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
As said above three holes held on with compression fittings that should be replaced but you may be able to reuse if done carefully. The star is plastic with a chrome finish that will have to be taken off before priming and painting. Any good automotive paint will work but you must remove the chrome and prime first for good results or just wrap it in Vinyl.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When you are trying to take it out, try not to bend the mercedes emblem. Instead of painting the emblem, using the 3m vinyl black or dry carbon fiber looks really nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts