1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 ML350 4Matic
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello.

W164 2009 ML350 here.

My rear driver side door lock does not lock, but it can be unlocked with keyfob, or the driver side panel buttons.

I have to manually press down the lock myself each time. Mine is not the issue where people had these lock/unlock jumping up and down. It just simply doesnt lock. I can see the black plastic move a little bit when i try to lock it on keyfob, but it doesnt go down.

Is this the actuator? I am buying power steering oring from autohauz, so i would like to buy the parts at the same time to save on shipping.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,043 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 ML350
35 Posts
Thanks. I have a scanner and below is what I got. Is it the actuator ? It says the motor but I suspect it’s the same.
The scanner says it’s both left and right but only the rear left is not working.

·
Registered
2009 ML350
35 Posts
Thanks. Do you know if the error code 9060, 9232 means actuator ? Or if that is not, what would be the error code for actuator fail?

by taking the voltage , you mean with a volt meter and measure the actual voltage by those pins ? Or do you there are some scanner that can be plugged into the sam?

thanks

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,376 Posts
Thanks. Do you know if the error code 9060, 9232 means actuator ? Or if that is not, what would be the error code for actuator fail?

by taking the voltage , you mean with a volt meter and measure the actual voltage by those pins ? Or do you there are some scanner that can be plugged into the sam?

thanks
Those codes don't mean anything specific. SAM sends short pulse to motor and looks at current consumption. Too low "open circuit", too high "short circuit". SAM has no way to determine where problem is. If motor works one way but not the other problem is most likely internal to SAM.

Gain access to back side of connector F, hook up volt meter to pins 21 and 22 for rear left. Hit lock/unlock and watch the voltage. It is short pulse ~2 seconds.

·
Registered
2009 ML350
35 Posts
Thanks. I will try the pin 21,22. Can you let me know what values that will tell me that it is faulty or not faulty?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,376 Posts
Thanks. I will try the pin 21,22. Can you let me know what values that will tell me that it is faulty or not faulty?
It is battery voltage. Polarity is reversed during lock/unlock so you should see 12V one way and -12V the other.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts