Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07' S550 has keyless entry. The problem is that the drivers rear door will not open sometimes. One out of 6 times I can pull the handle and it will open. The keyless sensor seems to be working because I can touch the handle and it will unlock but when I pull the handle the door will not open. The door will open from the inside handle just fine. Plus, this is the only door that this is happening on. When I pull the handle it's like the latch is not releasing. My MB indie wants $1200 to replace the handle! Says they have to take the door completely apart. Looking for infant ideas. Thanks in advance.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,864 Posts
If nothing can be seen obstructing the exterior part of the latch mechanism or the striker (the parts in the door frame, not visible when the door is closed) I am afraid that taking the liner off the door and seeing how the mechanism is working is the only way to address this. It is possible that some link or attachment inside the door has become loose, and perhaps it can be reconnected properly. If the problem is the handle itself, it is a mechanical issue likely addressed only by replacement of the handle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts