Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 E500
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a question for anyone who got their 211 tinted. I just got my car back from the tint shop. Everything looks good except for one small area on the rear door windows. Its the small window that doesnt roll down. Anyways the guy didnt tint a small section there because the door lining was actually blocking it. Car doesnt flow as well now without that part of the window not being tinted. Does anyone else have this same issue? And if you do does it bother you? Let me know. Will try and get an image up tonight. Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 E500
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic of what I am talking about.

·
Registered
2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
714 Posts
The shop that did mine asked for permission to remove the the window to do it right. They asked because there was an extra charge for doing it.
I always wondered what I had to pay extra for because I was in a hurry at the time and just wanted to get the job it done.

·
Registered
E320 W211
64 Posts
That's how mine was done. I have charcol interior so it's not as stand out. At least it doesn't bother me as much.

I actually prefer them not messing with window removal. who knows what kind of problem I might run into down the road if they didn't put it back correctly.

·
Registered
2005 E500
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after a few days the tint does not bother me as much. I am going back to the tint shop though tomorrow and am going to ask the guy what it would take to fill the entire window. Will let you guys know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts