Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 E320
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i already did a search for this, but all topics seem to be about the front door panels, not the ones in the rear... is there anything different i should know?
my problem is a friend of mine slammed the door pretty hard and something inside the back left door made this metallic noise, and the window wouldnt roll all the way up. this morning we tried it again and now it wont roll up at all, and is stuck all the way down...
is it even possible to fix it, or are new parts and whatnot going to be needed??
thanks
seth mac

·
Registered
95 E320
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i went and checked it out, where are the screws if any on the handle on the back door, also does the switch and door handle(the one to open the door/silver one) need to come out to get the panel off??
ill keep looking at the other post bout this, and let you all know....

·
Registered
95 E320
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i took off some more stuff and a blot...

in the 2nd pic i took off the stuff surrounding the button and silver handle, and the bolt behind them.
the main thing im wondering about is the big black handle, does it ccome off with the panel or alone?

Attachments

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
Easy,
At the top of the handle there should be a 10mm bolt there. Remove that bolt to free the top part of the handle. The bottom part of the located in the center of the door panel is NOT removable. It is attached to the door panel, so don't pull on it. Also remove the black plastic trim around the chrome handle, the door panel will not come off without removing that plastic trim.

·
Registered
95 E320
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks i got that now...
now the new problem...
the window wasnt even in the lines/rail/ whatever it is that guides the window up, and the motor thing that pulls the wire that pulls the window is all jammed up...

the motor still works, but there is an obvious coil/wire mess inside it, should i attempt to take it out and fix it? or is that too hard of a job disconnecting all that stuff??

also how important is it that the white plastic goes back on??

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am working on my 93 400E today as well. I am trying to remove the rear door panel.

Do I have to take the inside handle completely off before I attack the pins? If so, how?

Do I have to remove that center padded area to get the inside handle off? If so, how?

What are the best ways to attack those pins?

·
Registered
95 E320
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you dont have to remove the padded stuff, just lift, very very hard, the entire panel, grabing below the silver handle, and pull up. the top right pins came out on mine 1st, then the rest were easy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts