Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have power to the front lighter, and everything else on the main circuit, as indicated inside the fuse box, but neither rear door 12V socket has power. The door lights work just fine, but I was really hoping to tap into at least one of these so I can power a GPS without having the front ashtray open, as that's the near-perfect area for an old Garmin GPS III+ to sit. Magnetic rooftop antenna, of course.

I'd like them both to work so I can power a mobile telephone charger in the other one, but I could easily live with just one working.

The contacts look okay, and while the car has had an aftermarket stereo installed, I didn't see anything back there which looked cut or disconnected.

Ideas?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Child safety switch for the windows activated??

Oooooh! Damned good question!

<going out to car to check...>

Nope, not it. I'm childless, and while that lockout can be downright necessary for drunk friends, I usually leave it in the 'adult' position.

I cycled it a few times, just in case. It works the windows just fine, but nothing on the sockets.

Good thinkin', though. I'd have never thought the child lock would control the lighters, too. This is why I'm not an engineer...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do they illuminate when opened?

Fuses?

May need to jump inside the door to ensure continuity.
Yeah, the lights work, all the fuses are good.

I was concerned there might be an issue between the socket and the lights, but I'm not gonna pull the panel, today, to check. I leave for TX in the AM, so I don't want to get too deep into anything.

I could just pull a light out and peer in there, though. I played with the ashtray's door mount a bit, and it must need to be released from inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts