Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched everywhere and can’t find a soul whose successfully R&Rd an ML350’s rear door lock actuator. I simply can’t figure out how to r3,one the old @ctuato4. Anyone here done this successfully and can help?And yes; everything’s removed and as much out of the way as possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. It’s unfortunately a pain to get the unit out but it just takes fiddling with it. There’s good videos on getting it out but none on fixing the problem if it’s not the outside circular spring. I just replaced the plastic clip inside the actuator and now have to put the video up on it so no one has the problem I did figuring out how to get to and fix the innards with no video to turn to. Call me if you’re going to do it before I get the video edited and posted and I’ll walk you through it. 661-965-6305.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
1,721 Posts
Do these things commonly go? I have an 04 ml500 with the rear driver side actuator is malfunctioning.
Here's the other fix (repair kit) for the common issue.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
1,721 Posts
Yep, that’s one of the many videos on the easy exterior one. I’m taking about the inside plastic clip that breaks.
And there is also a video for that one too, from years past.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn’t find a single video on the inside clips. That’s why I took the time to make a video of how I did it; so others didn’t go crazy like I did! Let me see if I can post part of it here.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I couldn’t find a single video on the inside clips. That’s why I took the time to make a video of how I did it; so others didn’t go crazy like I did! Let me see if I can post part of it here.
You didnt look hard enough. ;)
Not the greatest as this poster "babbles alot", but it helps.

EDIT: MORE details....

·
Registered
01 ML55
228 Posts
Rear isn't too bad. I didn't have to remove the airbag on my 01 as I was able to slide the wires (door pull and lock) behind it. Getting the old out and new in is a little tricky but long, narrow arms help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
8C863882-EE33-4DC2-A3EC-A6D5A2D4106C.jpeg
If you look closely, there’s a bevel on the gear side that fits into to the assembly. When you open the case, remove the gear turning it over to see the post and the tab on the underside. What’s left is the part you need to change. Lift it straight up and note which side the bevel is on. Replace with the appropriate one. When you reassemble, the tab goes into the lower “body” of the plastic part you just replaced that resembles a “t” shirt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts