Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rear Calipers on C32 AMG...

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
I test drove a C32 a few days ago and noticed that the front wheels has beautiful AMG Calipers, but the rear had dingi steel ones....is this normal?

If so, are there after-market calipers that would match the front.

Thanks in advance for your input.

#2 ·
Yes it's normal...

I test drove a C32 a few days ago and noticed that the front wheels has beautiful AMG Calipers, but the rear had dingi steel ones....is this normal?

If so, are there after-market calipers that would match the front.

Thanks in advance for your input.
The front ones are simply embossed with the AMG logo, that's all [:)]

#3 ·
Thanks-aren't the rear calipers a differnt finish?

Thanks - aren't the rear calipers a differnt finish? The front one's seemed to have much more of a sheen to them....and you're right they have the AMG logo embossed.

Are the rear calipers the same material and finish, just no logo?

#5 ·
Oh I think that's because...

Thanks - aren't the rear calipers a differnt finish? The front one's seemed to have much more of a sheen to them....and you're right they have the AMG logo embossed.

Are the rear calipers the same material and finish, just no logo?
The front calipers have the ///AMG logos painted onto them, and then sprayed with a layer of clearcoat to provide for the glossy finish. The rears on the other hand, do not have this.

#6 ·
A second set of fronts for the rears?...

It is normal, but they complete setup is AMG certified. I even tried to work on getting a second set ordered to install it for the back but was told that this is "...not a good thing to do..."

G.
[:(][:(][:(]

We'll see though...
Hmm, if so, I too wonder if that is a good thing. It might alter the brake bias too severely, therefore I'm not certain if I would do it either. Besides, the front brakes do 60-80% of the work, so this would be majorly for looks only [:)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.