Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S550 4Matic
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing rear pads, I know I have to remove the calipers. Can someone tell me the torque specifications when reinstalling the calipers? I have new bolts with the thread lock on them.

·
Registered
2007 S550 4Matic
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just called the dealership and the will not tell me the torque specs, I was told the “are not allowed to give out that kind of diagnostic information.” The service guy suggested I just get them good and tight.

·
Registered
2007 S550 4Matic
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just talked to the Seattle dealership and got a lectured about asking for assistance when I should have brought it in for service. So no help from Seattle or Lynnwood. I called two independent shops and each took the time to look it up, no one could find the specs. One would think I was asking for the secret to turn lead into gold.

·
Registered
2008 AMG CLK63 Conv., 2012 R350 4-Matic, Wife's 2015 C300 sedan
9,940 Posts
This came up a couple of weeks ago on another model. Think the answer was 80 ft.lb but do a search. It's unlikely to vary from model to model. Guy was actually asking about the little pins that hold the pads but I thought he meant the big bolts holding the calipers as a whole in place.

Personally I just do them up to a high precision "effing tight" with an 18 inch breaker bar. Don't forget the BLUE thread locker.

·
Registered
2007 S550 4Matic
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
81 lb/ft is 110 n/m and that’s the spec I found for the W221. I’m really surprised that this is such a well guarded secret. The new bolts come with thread-lock on them.

·
Registered
2008 AMG CLK63 Conv., 2012 R350 4-Matic, Wife's 2015 C300 sedan
9,940 Posts
No need for new bolts unless you've messed up the old ones IMHO, but if you chose to no issues with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts