Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
SLK200 Auto (171)
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this brake light at the same time i bought my climatronic control.

Now does it look better or not ????????????

I think i like it. Its an original mercedes part and was abou £40, so not an expensive mod.

Regards all

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
I would say it looks much better, I dont know if I should get one though because my slk is silver, I dont think it will look as good.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
How easy was the brake light to replace?? [8)]

Has anyone replaced the brake light on a Tellur Silver SLK, for the darker brake light?? If so could photos be posted so I can get an idea of how it looks!!! [:D]

Thanks [8D]

·
Registered
R171 200 AMG Kit
117 Posts
I think I will order one of these. I a silver slk, I wont be able to post pics until next wend. Dont get my car until tuesday. Should have the light by next friday I guess Tilo's a fast shipper.

·
Registered
'06 BMW 6.30 Coupe
119 Posts
beverage - 2/28/2005 6:14 AM

How easy was the brake light to replace?? [8)]

Has anyone replaced the brake light on a Tellur Silver SLK, for the darker brake light?? If so could photos be posted so I can get an idea of how it looks!!! [:D]

Thanks [8D]
I'd posted mine, if you search it at previous pages, you can find it.

·
Registered
SLK200 Auto (171)
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, i must say that after a day of having it on now, i think it looks much better - and they'd hardly slap it on the AMG55 if it didn't.

I think it will look really good on a silver car - in fact there are pic of a silver AMG on someones thread recently and the silver look excellent.

Fitting is fairly straight forward and took around half and hour, probably 20 mins of which was sussing out how best to do it. If anyone wants help, let me know.

Regards to all

Mark

·
Registered
SLK200 Auto (171)
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PS. Yes i had the dealer delete to model number and just leave slk on. I think it looks cleaner and of course mine is only the 200 model!

·
Registered
SLK200 Auto (171)
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bro's silver one for comparason

Regards

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK200 Auto (171)
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A friend of mine has just taken delivery of her SLK55 a few weeks ago - the second in the UK. She has done 600 miles and doesn't like it. The dealer has offered to buy it back for 6k below.

Oh the joy of top end cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
SLK 350 MT
148 Posts
Sounds familiar. I checked with the local Porsche dealer, just for fun, to see what they'd give me towards a new Boxster S. Without even looking at my car they said " dealer invoice", which is about $5000 below what i'd paid. If she's truly unhappy and there's only two 55's in the country, then fsbo would cut the loss. On the other hand maybe a local dealer of another marque would love to have the competition for sale on a warm spring day, and not be so punitive in the pricing.

·
Registered
SLK 350 , S 500 L, C 200
109 Posts
does any one have insturctions or tips on how to change the rear boot brake light.?

I am reluctant to attmept this without a clear idea as to how to proceed. (the light asembly looks great - appears to be genuine MB parts )

·
Registered
SLK 350 , S 500 L, C 200
109 Posts
Replaced the rear brake light with black - as well as the climatronic,

thanks to mrdeli - it was very easy to do, even with 10 thumbs and looks amazing,
great quality genuine MB parts -
I just love the way the car looks with the black light -

·
Registered
150 Posts
mrdeli - 2/27/2005 2:35 PM

A friend of mine has just taken delivery of her SLK55 a few weeks ago - the second in the UK. She has done 600 miles and doesn't like it. The dealer has offered to buy it back for 6k below.

Oh the joy of top end cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow... was it because of the stiffer amg suspension ? my fiancee is in the market for an slk and i advised her not to get the amg cause of the stiff suspension... any reasons why she did not like it ? thx! :)

·
Registered
SLK 280
94 Posts
Can they be purchased in the u s a. What method is used to debadge the letters and numbers
A hairdrier is the trick we used to use in the body shop, softens the glue that holds the badges on, then you need to use some polish or paint friendly solvent to get rid of the glue remnants.

Don't get it all too hot though, you don't want to strip the paint...

Bob

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
I like the looks of the dark brake light - especially on a black car. Just wondering, though. With all of the insane laws that we have in the U.S., is that legal? Something tells me that if it doesn't light up in a "bright red," like the tail lights, some onery cop will pull you over and write you up...[:(!]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts