Rear A/C option? I've heard that the<br>
single A/C may not keep the rear cool<br>
enough on some hot days ...<br>
Not sure if this is still a problem.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Definitely. It's nice to have especially on hot days.

I've rode in my friends S600 and with his Charcoal interior, the car got really hot. Rear A/C cleared that up real quick.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a new 2001 S500 with both front and rear air plus the ventilated seats. We took European delivery (American spec of course). In the five weeks that we spent in Switzerland and the south of France the car always seemed humid. Back home in Texas the car just didn't cool. The car was in the shop multiple times (10-12) for that plus a steering rack groan and brakes that kept seizing. MB put a new coil on the car which was supposed to be the fix. It was not. They also put in a different chip to make the therm. think the car was hotter than actual so that the fans would run faster. That did not work either. To make a long story short, I traded the car in on a 2001 LS430 with the Ultra Luxury Package and I have never looked back (except for losing $15,000 on the trade. I have had Mercedes since 1972 including 600's. At this point I don't know if I will take delivery on the new SL body that I have on order...beware, drive a demo that has been sitting in the sun and then decide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts