Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

REALLY P*SSED OFF!!!!

5074 42
To all the young S-Class drivers: I don't really have a mechanical question, I just want to share with you some of the negative comments I been receiving lately when I drive my car around town. First, my girlfriend's roomate absolutely refuses to believe my "96 S 320 LWB is MY CAR and is questioning my girlfriend how did I get a car of this caliber at my age (27). And secondly, I've been stared at by a lot of my GF's co-workers because of rumours of me dealing dope or is a pimp of some kind (because I have AMG wheels and I occasionally crank up my sounds) I wonder why people are so prejudiced against young people with nice European Cars and do you guys think by taking off the rims and HID lights (make it more stock-like) would help?? Every girl that I've dated has trouble believing I am the TRUE owner of MY automobile and I'm beginning to be very ticked off about it. I do DRESS nice too, as my Armani and Gucci collection would impress the the harshest fashion credics. Why is everybody trippin' over a car that is 7/8 years old??? My friend drives a "01 W220 S 430 and nobody says nothing or comments on his surce of income or occupation...and he's only 26!!! If anybody has simular problems or want to let out some fraustrations regarding this, drop me a line... [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Re: Really pissed off

I am 18 and drive a black on black (w/limmo tint front and back) 600SEL. I know what you mean. Not only do I have problems with my friends, but also the police. I get stopped about twice a week. The police have to see who the car is regestered to to believe it is mine. Then they act like they are the IRS or somthing by questioning me how I got the $ to buy the car. The comment I hear the most often is "are you allowed to be tooling around in your dads mercedes". I baught this car because I thought it would save me problems. Instead it is causing me problems. Last friday night I was stopped by the police 3 times. the first time I was told to go home. the second time I was told to go home or they would find somthing to give me a ticket for. the third time I ran through 2 yellow lights and was given a ticket for running 2 red lights and doing 50 in a 25 zone. I was not even doing 35 mph! this will probably a $1000+ fine. Even my teachers make comments in class about my car. The car almost draws more attention that a F40 ferrari. I have found one thing that works. I got a white lable on my rear bumper that says (TCP 41422) which is what Limmo drivers have on their cars. I also whear black gloves and a black hat. People think that I am a limmo driver. But I am still sick of all the BS I get from my friends.
-Kristian

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel you, Bro....

I know the feelin' man.... but when you roll in a ride like this, people player hate & the 5-o's are just jealous. (I don't know about the chauffer thing, but good luck on them tickets!!!)[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

Attachments

· Registered
280Sw116/380SELw126
341 Posts
Man, you dudes are having alot of problems with your w140s! I'am 23 and I drive a w126 3...

Man, you dudes are having alot of problems with your w140s! I'am 23 and I drive a w126 380 SEL. Though I have had my share of f#$.. up comments, I've had cool comments, too. People that don't know anything about MBs, think my car is new and ask me how I can afford it. I have to tell them that it is a 20 year old car and that it cost ten times less than what they think! So, with a w140 I would imagine a few eyebrows being raised.

· Registered
65 Posts
-RE people are just jealous

Nice picture. I think that one of the best colors for the W140 is white. Is that the stock tint? What kind of gas milage do you get on yours? If I drive mine carfully I can get 12-14 city and 24-26 mpg highway.
You are correct about people being jealous.
I am taking the cop to court. I found a witness who is a High School teacher and saw the whole thing. I am also mounting a viedo camara in my car. I reccomend that you keep a tape recorder in your car incase you get any problems with the cops. I will post a picture of my car in a few days as soon as I can get this scanner to work.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MPG

I get pretty much the same MPG as you (a little better on the freeways, though) If you think you're right, then fight the system! don't let a PUNK cop beat you down and violate your rights! Keep Yo Head Up and I know you can beat these stupid tickets! Keep on rollin' in your 600!!! Good Luck!!![8D][8D][8D][;)][;)][;)]

· Registered
2 Posts
Just enjoy the car and don't worry. That's too bad that they all have issues with it bu...

Just enjoy the car and don't worry. That's too bad that they all have issues with it but what can you do. You said that you bought the car to have no problems but really when you look on w140 600sel all you see is STATUS. You could get a corolla and would probably have no problems either but you would have better chance of survival in a 600 in a head on for sure. It does not matter that you can buy it now for a fraction of what it cost before. The beuty of mercedes design is that it ages beatifully. In my opinion w140 is the ulitmate S klass. the new one although great looking does not have the same presence. In Eastern Europe w140s were the favorite mob cars.

· Registered
280Sw116/380SELw126
341 Posts
LET IT ALL OUT!

Sonderklasse is right! Screw what people think, enjoy your cars, you are an S-Class driver- be proud of it as you should. What can I say- people are absolute morons when it comes to these cars. They have no idea that an older Mercedes is actually cheaper or the same price of a typical average new American or Japanese car. C'mon its an MB, NOT A BENTLEY!- it dosen't take an entire fortune to be flushed down the toilet to drive one! But people will never understand this. You have to keep telling yourself you like the car for what it is and not for it's status symbol. I don't give a f!#$%* what people think, and if I did, I wouldn't be driving a car like this. On the plus side, most of the cool comments I've gotten are from the ladies.[:D] Infact all the dates I've had loved my car.[;)] [and it is the perfect date car, believe me] Women seem to appreciate these cars more than guys do.[ because it isn't a little noisy and speedy tripped out Japanese car or some jacked up pickup truck,heh,heh,][^]Anyways //S320 has had the same problems you two have had, so you w140ers are not the only ones. BTW-keide600sel, I think you are going a little overboard with the chauffer thing. But the camera hidden in your car is a sweet idea!

· Registered
'90 560SEL
2,589 Posts
Don't suppose you also drive at night while wearing Gucci sunglasses?..

.. or maybe sport pointy sideburns, or bleached blonde over gelled hair?. Maybe when at a bar you flash your life savings from your wallet when buying Perrier, - at leasr you don't dress in Yves S. Laurent (heaven forbid!). If none of these, then sorry, guess maybe others may be able to help; and feel sorry if they can't. Maybe your friend who is "only 26" - thus one year younger than your worldly self - might be the person to ask. Gosh, what a dilemma[:X]

· Registered
65 Posts
Re:Gucci Sunglasses/ and S600 saving problems

I drive my car because I love it. Not because of what others think. Not because of its status. 90% of the time I whear normal clothse (Jeans and a shirt). If you met me on the street you would not even think that I could even afford a car. What I am trying to say is that I am no snob. I just love cars.
When I said that I thought the S600 would save me problems I ment tickets and accidents. My last car was a 2002 Subaru WRX with a high pressure turbo, Front mount intercooler, racing suspension, and racing tires. The car had about 350-375 hp. It did 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and could pull 1.1G. the reason I dont have it is because at about 125-130 mph the axel nut on the front right wheel fell off (typical for a jap car) and my wheel disconnected causing my car to spin out ripping the trunk and undercarrage of the car off. When I had that car I almost never stopped for the police. That is why I have had no tickets. -Thanks for all the comments.
-Kristian.

· Registered
89 300TE
288 Posts
Seems its worldwide......

Trent my advice....Tell all those morons to get stuffed and g...

Seems its worldwide......

Trent my advice....Tell all those morons to get stuffed and go sit on a pole....You are the one that is driving the car and its none of anyones business what you do for a living etc. If they cant hack it well then thats their problem. I drive a 94' E280, Its the updated look and it really does look like a mini s-class. I get the same crap all the time about it, like I have this car so I can pick up chix and stuff like I deal with drugs. I tell them that it is an nine year old car but they still cant get over it. Dont worry about them. You cant change people or jealousy

Christian

89 300TE
94 E280

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're In Goddamn New Zealand!!!

Hey man, I don't know what's up with the people from down under, but here in the states there's a lot of jealous folks in the freakin' CITY who are very jealous and nosey and they just talk about you because they have nothin' else to do.... If I was driving my car in the country side maybe them sheeps next to your house would be talkin' about me too...
Good Luck with your farm.

· Registered
300 se
23 Posts
well guess what !!?? not only in us and europe but also in south africa!

i drive one ...

i drive one of the last of 100 W126 300se's ever produced in the world : no 58 february 1993 model.. never to be found with airbags here though even on the 560 sel !!

and also down here i get a lot of remarks and stared the car is in PERFECT condition and people find it hard or starnge for someone young to drive a big car!! buying a c230 kompressor coupe soon but wil NEVER sell the 300!!

will post a pic soon

all the best fellow young mercers!!!

kick some ass!!!

· Registered
280Sw116/380SELw126
341 Posts
HEY LEON!

Please go to the w126 forum and post pictures of your [non w140] 1993 300 SE! We were just talking about the African w126 in my 100th Post Spectacular thread- and we were all very curious! Please share some pics and what you know about South African 126s!

i drive one of the last of 100 W126 300se's ever produced in the world : no 58 february 1993 model.. never to be found with airbags here though even on the 560 sel !!

and also down here i get a lot of remarks and stared the car is in PERFECT condition and people find it hard or starnge for someone young to drive a big car!! buying a c230 kompressor coupe soon but wil NEVER sell the 300!!

will post a pic soon

all the best fellow young mercers!!!

kick some ass!!!

· Registered
'90 560SEL
2,589 Posts
Wellll!!.. Aren't we a touchy lot?!....

You chose to buy a beautiful - staunch - "in your face" car like a Mercedes and then turn out to be wimps. So when you're out cruisin you feel sh*t hot about yourselves and suck in the admiring/envious glances, but lack the maturity to equally accept that your ride can antagonise others simply through it's perceived ostentatious presence. Guess you guys just gotta grow up a little yet, and get a little grey hair around the ears before you FULLY can appreciate that the lovely Merc. you drive takes more to own than it's $ cost off the lot. I'm not knocking your age, but you just need to adopt a little understanding of and for how Mercedes is seen by others, and sometimes you gotta go round the block a few times to understand. Yeah, they might be cheap cars now, but once they cost a fortune, and were owned by people that could also own anything else they wanted. So perception is, you own one - you're rich, or have made it, or are a drug pusher, or believe it or not - you're just a guy who likes a quality car. Sort out your own problems on how people see you, but moaning on a forum like this is pretty limp dick when no-one forced you to buy a Merc., and the solution to your problem is SO obvious - IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT, GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN (or put dye in your hair)

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Re: Wellll!!.. Aren't we a touchy lot?!....

You chose to buy a beautiful - staunch - "in your face" car like a Mercedes and then turn out to be wimps. So when you're out cruisin you feel sh*t hot about yourselves and suck in the admiring/envious glances, but lack the maturity to equally accept that your ride can antagonise others simply through it's perceived ostentatious presence. Guess you guys just gotta grow up a little yet, and get a little grey hair around the ears before you FULLY can appreciate that the lovely Merc. you drive takes more to own than it's $ cost off the lot. I'm not knocking your age, but you just need to adopt a little understanding of and for how Mercedes is seen by others, and sometimes you gotta go round the block a few times to understand. Yeah, they might be cheap cars now, but once they cost a fortune, and were owned by people that could also own anything else they wanted. So perception is, you own one - you're rich, or have made it, or are a drug pusher, or believe it or not - you're just a guy who likes a quality car. Sort out your own problems on how people see you, but moaning on a forum like this is pretty limp dick when no-one forced you to buy a Merc., and the solution to your problem is SO obvious - IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT, GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN (or put dye in your hair)
On the dot shrimpton!

People say all kinds of things. I really dont care when iam driving my car. Absolutely iam not at all loose enough to sell what i have just because someone else made me feel bad. Besides, it dosent matter what you wear when you drive. Your car is not making an impression on you (neither you have to tell us what you wear), its actually the other way around in most cases..

Buying my W140 was my very own personal decision, seriously, i think i made a wise decision after all.

(People had problems when i did not had a car, they have problems when i have one!). Who gives 2 Sh*ts?
[;)]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.