Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 B200 Turbo
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom was driving it in a hurry and the right part of the under car hit the pavement as it was dropped off the sidewalk and scratched and scraped underneath leaveing it white...I told my dad I did it but neways, What should I do, this area is particularly sensitive to rust, we live near toronto and the winter is bad bad bad, should we sand it down and then add a metal paint? Its what I had in mind..(sand, add anti-corrosive copper looking like past, then add color) help

·
Registered
2005 230 Kompressor
341 Posts
If the scratches went down through the paint to expose metal, then it will rust if not refinished.

Wet sand the area, clean, prime with a good primer/etcher and then paint. Since it is under the car and not in a visible area you should be able to get by with a "home made" touch up that will work. Just make sure to fully sand and prep the area (clean with alcohol to remove any residue after sanding) and make sure to paint when the temperature is not too cold. 1-2 coats of primer, allow time to fully dry between coats, then 1-3 thin coats of paint, again allowing full dry/curing time in between coats. You could also follow up with a clear-coat once the paint has totally cured (usually 24-48 hours-more time is better) for extra protection, or use a good wax or sealant, again once the paint is fully cured. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts