·
Registered
SL550
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started the negotiation process and was offered a
slight discount off MSRP on a standard SL500 which
is already scheduled for production. I have a couple
of weeks before the final configuration must be fixed.
What is a reasonable target price for a car delivered
in the middle of Winter?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pricing

I asked the same questions a number of weeks ago. I see that 128 have viewed my post with no answers. This is SUCH a lame board. Anyway, I finally negotiated $750 off a 2004. I know the owner and the only way that I got this was to tell them that another dealer about 150 miles away was willing to give me $750 off just to steal the sale. This was the truth, by the way. Anyway, they reluctantly gave up $750, squealing all the way. This is the same dealer that I previously purchased a 430 CLK and Porsche 996 from. I sold them both within 18 months because the dealership was so bad. I went with BMW (330ci and Z8) as replacements. I would still be with BMW if they had a folding hardtop, which my wife wants.

Anyway, I think that a few bucks off is all you can expect unless you are in one of the so called "glut" markets. I have heard that Phoenix and southern Cal are pretty soft right now.

Good luck.[:D]

·
Registered
SL550
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know how you feel about this board...

I have also been disappointed about the activity level.
I may never get a reply to my "Why two batteries?" post.
So far I have two offers better than what you described.
I will post a follow up when I actually close a deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok. try calling this dealer he has 4 sl500

this dealer is tricky, but in the end after 10 calls will make a deal. so dont be fooled by his crap in teh beginning that he will not come down on price.

he has 4 sl500's
2 regular
2 with a sport package and those slr style wheels.

im sure you can get them for like 1000 over invoice.

dont be fooled by them. and best to come pick it up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gocargo - 1/5/2004 5:59 AM

Specifically, Mercedes-Benz of Buckhead www.mercedesofbuckhead.com has both white and silver base cars, while the white has been sitting there for <u>several months</u>. This is new dealership (and have lost a couple of seasoned salespeople recently) and by the attitude the salesperson had last week, my guess is they would be willing to "talk".

Purchased at sticker from M-B of Buckhead. They are selling plenty of cars. They had a very productive Saturday (01/03). Appears there is still no "talking" on new SLs [:(], but they had a great Sales Rep.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gocargo - 1/5/2004 5:59 AM

Specifically, Mercedes-Benz of Buckhead www.mercedesofbuckhead.com has both white and silver base cars, while the white has been sitting there for <u>several months</u>. This is new dealership (and have lost a couple of seasoned salespeople recently) and by the attitude the salesperson had last week, my guess is they would be willing to "talk".

Just purchased from there. Purchased at sticker. They are selling plenty of cars. They had a very productive Saturday (01/03). Appears there is still no "talking" on new SLs

·
Registered
05 SL500
113 Posts
Interesting enough, last week I stopped at one of the local MB dealers to price out an SL500. It listed for 91,500.00, they offered it to me at $88,500.00. There must be a slowdown in their sales to offer such a deal on the SL.

·
Premium Member
U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
43,662 Posts
Took delivery of a two year back ordered red/white with average options and paid sticker.
Two months ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have recently ordered a 2004 SL500 here in Atlanta. On first go round I went to three of the four local dealers. Everyone responded with "sticker only" regarding price. However a little perseverence and work and I was able to get roughly 2% off the cost of the car. Doesn't sound like much but when they only have 6% to play with....

BTW, here's a BIG CLUE - they can negotiate TONS on the extended warranty and will make up lots of $ there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts