Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
home ownership, at least in California is more of investment than necessity.
My house in last years made more money than I did.
Side story is that developers are cutting the ribbon on small stirpes to maximize the profit.
There is big dispute in my area where $1.5 mils buys you a house with view of your neighbour bedroom. Can't find better picture, but the foundation setbacks on this one will give you an idea.
shit.

·
Registered
35,663 Posts
All of California can't be expensive.

Tiahatchipan for instance(sp) don't care my computers so afflicted.
I think you meant http://www.tehachapicityhall.com/
I drive via at least twice a year.
One of only few places in CA with 4 seasons.
It is beautiful from the car, so is British Columbia IMHO, but I got spoil to enjoy the weather without protection of glass if you get what I mean.

·
Registered
61,591 Posts
This is funny... one of my daughters just bid on a 4/3 ranch on an acre here in town. Asking $135,000, they accepted $105,000.

Y'all in the wrong part of the world.

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
Our market is stable
Pretty immune to disturbance and fluctuation

A nice home can be had for 100-150k
1/2 that for a fixer up

Prices have inflated recently due to the gas boom
Inventory is scarce
Rent is high
Hard to even find a hotel room

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
Our market is stable
Pretty immune to disturbance and fluctuation

A nice home can be had for 100-150k
1/2 that for a fixer up

Prices have inflated recently due to the gas boom
Inventory is scarce
Rent is high
Hard to even find a hotel room
That's what has happened here.

BUT I DONT GET IT. Yes there are jobs..CONSTRUCTION and OILFIELD.
but oilfield is dead here now.

BUT why does anyone live here for.. a job?
Better paying jobs here lots of hours...at the end of a bi-weekly drudgery you may get a fat cheque but so what!

You live in this boring red neck city and you have a thick wallet.
..and what do they do..they go out and buy crap to help them forget that their living in this red neck city.

Give me Kelowna and a job at 7/11 and a permanent dumpster.
I believe my life would be more fulfilled and happy.

·
Banned
1,917 Posts
That's what has happened here.

BUT I DONT GET IT. Yes there are jobs..CONSTRUCTION and OILFIELD.
but oilfield is dead here now.

BUT why does anyone live here for.. a job?
Better paying jobs here lots of hours...at the end of a bi-weekly drudgery you may get a fat cheque but so what!

You live in this boring red neck city and you have a thick wallet.
..and what do they do..they go out and buy crap to help them forget that their living in this red neck city.

Give me Kelowna and a job at 7/11 and a permanent dumpster.
I believe my life would be more fulfilled and happy.

The oilfields are the result of saudi producing and thus to inflict damage for putin

When the oil fields rebound in 10 years the housing will again max out to hyper inflation

Between now and then This can get interesting for buyers when sellers always owned the market

·
Premium Member
43,634 Posts
Dallas/Ft.Worth is boom town like I have never seen before. Austin, San Antonio, and Houston doing well too.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This is funny... one of my daughters just bid on a 4/3 ranch on an acre here in town. Asking $135,000, they accepted $105,000.

Y'all in the wrong part of the world.

good for her! if water treatment plants don't bother you it's hard to beat the price of a house in Floriduh-

if she ever wanted to move to Florida, she could barely get the landscaping for that!

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
You think so?
I am considering move from Bay Area to Las Vegas.
For last 4 months my CA house was gaining $50,000 every single month.
The same size house in LV was dropping the asking price by $100,000.
I am not in hurry.

if you're confident of more upside, go for it. I'm priced out of a nice lot in Cali :(

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
wow, I thought I had heard vegas was one of the first markets to recover a couple years ago-
Vegas got absolutely clobbered in '08. Between overproduction and the market collapse, home prices dropped by as much as 75% or more in some areas. They're JUST beginning to recover to the point that you can no longer get some high-roller's McMansion for peanuts.

A friend bought a house there in '09 that originally cost $2.5 Mil....that buys a lot of house in LV. He paid $750K for it and the buyer was glad to get it.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
10 Participants
Doni
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing