Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Mercedes-Benz E430, 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 1987 Mercedes (w124) 300E 6.0 Hammer that's for sale, and I need help.

How do you check if its real?, I am in a process of getting the VIN of the car, and see it in person. What do you look for?
AMG body kit and wheels look real from the single picture, and the seller claims a 32v 6.0 under the hood.

·
Registered
Whatever car has the gas in it
1,909 Posts
I am looking at a 1987 Mercedes (w124) 300E 6.0 Hammer that's for sale, and I need help.

How do you check if its real?, I am in a process of getting the VIN of the car, and see it in person. What do you look for?
AMG body kit and wheels look real from the single picture, and the seller claims a 32v 6.0 under the hood.

Is this the one that is currently for sale on EBAY? Post a link and run the vin number. Have it looked over by a Mercedes indi. PPI is a MUST. Look at records and make sure they add up correctly. We need more info please.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry there is no link, its a private sale. i was given a phone number and a location of the car. I call the guy and talked to him, he send me a email with a pic. waiting for another email with the the Vin and extra info about the car.
If I will do the deal, I will do it in person. Right now its to good to be true. So ,I am very skeptical if the car is real. But I always wanted a Mercedes 'Hammer', so I follow it.
Sorry that's the all Info i have, I find out about the car Friday 11/26/2010.

I will post more info when i will find out more. (I hope this is a real deal!)

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes-Benz S55 ///AMG, 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350
685 Posts
A VIN check is a must, also MB classic center might be helpful as well. The 6.0 liter engine, 4 cam was hand-built, but might be difficult to verify without taking it apart a little. Checking history with Carfax might help as well.

good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, what to say now the seller email me that he is going to Afghanistan. He wants to complete transaction through eBay Motors VPP, from when eBay plays a middle man?(scam?) I think so!

Still did not get any records or the Vin number
I am staying away

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The funny thing, the guy finely gave me the vin, not through him but through ebay. was a pdf file with the car fax, title page. no additional records. the vin number was only 16 numbers and letters long not 17. suspicious huh! so i run the vin he gave me, through carfax and autocheck and nothing. so i did not bother anymore.

Now the number is disconnected, figures.

I am lucky did not lost any money from this scam.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
If you are looking for a real Hammer, check the for sale section, Austin is selling his and it's a car worth Owning!!

Jonathan

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wow, what to say now the seller email me that he is going to Afghanistan. He wants to complete transaction through eBay Motors VPP, from when eBay plays a middle man?(scam?) I think so!

Still did not get any records or the Vin number
I am staying away
He's not going to Afghanistan. He's already in Lagos Nigeria waiting for you to wire him $5K upfront to clear up the registation and prepay the shipping charges. The vin number he gave you is for the internet cafe he runs his scams out of. Just for fun I ended jerking two of these fools around when I sold by Porsche. They sent me phony cashiers checks on US Banks. The banks said there is nothing they can do since Nigeria does not cooperate in attempted financial crimes committed outside it borders.

·
Registered
108 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts