Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
66,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think I am crazy?
I am going to drop the rear subframe on the 560SEL so I can access the fuel lines and replace them. Do you think it will not be dangerous to remove the springs by simply bracing the arms with a manual lift? I don't have one of those Mercedes fancy spring compressors.

·
66,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seriously, can the spring be taken out without the spring compressor? No store around me carries such a contraption. I have a side clamp like spring compressor but that will not fit in the wheel cavity for proper action.

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
On a 124, the rear springs can be easily removed by simply supporting the inner lower control arm while removing the bolt. Then you lower the jack and voilà! the spring just falls out. Do not attempt this procedure on the front suspension.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
On a 124, the rear springs can be easily removed by simply supporting the inner lower control arm while removing the bolt. Then you lower the jack and voilà! the spring just falls out. Do not attempt this procedure on the front suspension.
I get so hot when you post like this.......

·
Banned
14,116 Posts
not fade away

Let me tell you how it's gonna be, He's gonna give his love to thee,
He wanna love you night and day, you know his love not fade away.

You know his love not fade away, not fade away!

His love is bigger than a Cadillac, he tries to show you but you drive him back,
His love for you has got to be real, your gonna know just how he feels

Your love is real, not fade away, not fade away!

:thumbsup:

·
66,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I repeat myself yet again. Toilet paper. Throw it away get some more.
Wy why why
It's a good car, the engine is flawless, the transmission is butter smooth... wait, maybe I should part it out, like get an SEC and have the engine and transmission from the SEL handy for just in case. You're a genius!

·
66,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The SEL can't fit in the garage, it's too long.
The 400E will not be tagged until January when it's considered a "Historic" in the state of Maryland. That would spare me from periodic emissions testing, inspection and higher registration fees.
The SEL must be fixed this weekend!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts