Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh. I'm freezing. I've been in the garage for a few hours this morning, and I need a break to warm up. It's 34 degrees according to my thermometer, and I'm losing dexterity in my fingers.

1) I think I've been using the wrong pin with the blinker. I think I may have reported codes from pin 23 (ATA)
2) Using the blinker, I get a "1" (no errors) from the infrared remote locking system, so I have some confidence that I can use the blinker.
3) It appears that carsoft reports a fault of "7" no matter which system I scan in analog mode.
4) Carsoft has never successfully connected to a digital system.

Finally, and most importantly- When I connect the blinker correctly to pin 30, I get no blinks. How should I be using the blinker to read SRS codes? I feel like I've been chasing my tail for the last three weeks.

On a boring, and possibly unrelated side note: I wanted to test several different SRS control modules, so I powered on the car with several different modules. when the module is not making a good ground contact, I get no warning light. It doesn't even flash at key position 2. When the module is finally installed with the grounding strap, I get a solid SRS light at position 1 and 2.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
6,543 Posts
You should use the ground terminal in the socket under test to avoid earth loops, you are asking for problems if you try anywhere else

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a code reader with a ground. I am using the ground and 12V from the 38 pin socket. I am able to read codes on several systems. I get no codes from the SRS system.

My last comment was in reference to the SRS control module specifically. There is a ground strap in the wiring at the control module, under the center console. When that ground is not in place, I get no SRS warning lamp.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
6,543 Posts
OK I miss read that bit, thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts