Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the knockind sound that I had...I got diagnosed by my mechanic as the "reaction rod bushings". He said its a pretty big job to do.

Whats everyones opinion on these and did u have it done before?

·
Registered
86 420 sel,
162 Posts
are we talking bearing braket in front suspension?

if so, it can cost a few $.
and have them replace every thing it makes a big difference in handelig.

i did my front suspension last year, and love it.

parts aprox. 650

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,448 Posts
Are you talking about the Guide Rods on the Suspension Bearing Brackets? If so, drop me a PM and I can give you guidance or technical assistance if you want to DIY. I've done them on my SEC and SEL.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that is what it is. Im not too sure...it was diagnosed today by my mechanic who will look at it tommmorow in detail and let me know.

Im just getting a bit fed up now at this point.[8)]

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Yea, he's talking about the guide rod bushings..there are quite a few names out there for them. Job is a bit of a PITA, esp. if your car has ever lived up north. Once you do them a number of times it gets easy, but the frist go around is always a bit of a pain. My Strongest piece of advise..Do Not use the aftermarket guide rod bushing kits (febi is what I've mainly been seeing). They crack once you go to torque them to the proper spec. At this point I Only use/sell genuines.. For a few extra $$ you get parts that Work.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to my mechanic shortly. I will follow-up with that he says to be done and did mention aswell about not using the aftermarket parts like Febi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts