Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: where do I shop for parts?

My '80 300TD bounces like a car in a Wu-Tang clan video. I need some shock help. I've replaced the front shocks and now (as I have been lead to believe) I need to procure a pair of actuators for the back. I'd like to order these and do the work myself. Can anyone recommend a good website for these old 123 parts? Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So my mechanic says I need "actuators." But when I check in w/ Adist they selll "Rear pressure accumulators." Are these the same thing? Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
You need accumulators or air cells. You can get them for $100 each. I got mine from Autohausaz.com. Make sure you use flare nut wrenches to loosen the hydraulic fittings.

Good luck.:)

Hopefully he doesn't mean the struts ... they are only a problem if they leak and they cost $300-$400 each. The accumulators are what would cause the bounce though, not the struts.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The round black balls in the pic are the accumulators. If you're going to change them, now is the time to flush the fluid and replace with FEBI hydraulic fluid. Also replace the filter in the return line of the reservoir.:)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts