Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

re: SRS warning light

2413 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  spanners
re: SRS warning light

i need some help from you guys......

my cousin has a 1991 190e 2.3, and he was cruising and all of a sudden the SRS light came on. does anybody know what this is all about and how can we fix it? and is it okay to drive the car? thanks for all your help in advanced.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
S430,190E 2.6,SL500
194 Posts
This happened to my car when I bought it new 12 years ago. It came on during the first cou...

This happened to my car when I bought it new 12 years ago. It came on during the first couple of months and I ignored it. When I took my car in for an oil change the mechanic said that some connections were loose and he re-connected them. The light disappeared after that.

· BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,150 Posts
SRS light

Jhon

SRS stands for Safety Restraint System and indincates that there is a problem with an itme such as your airbags, seat belts, ect.
I would recommend, you get ot checked out, it could be something simple like a loose connection but i would hate to think your air bag would fail to work when you needed it.

[:)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.