Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1996 S600 1991 560SEL 1995 S500 2009 S550
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would some kind person be helpfull enough just put on the forum the part number for the throttle actuator harness so any one else who might be in need to replace these substandard parts use by Mercedes Benz (fooled by their supplier/Bosch Germany). Would have an easy access to purchase one ? thank you and hope this site will be more user friendly to all benz lovers.

·
Registered
1995 S600 (sold)
1,127 Posts
Are you referring to the wire bundle that comes out of the Electronic Actuator (Throttle)? Or are you referring to the wire bundle that the Electronic Actuator plugs into?

·
Banned
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, I am referring to the harness that comes out of the throttle actuator. As per the electronic parts catalog, there is no such number for the harness, it comes together with the throttle actuator as an assembly part. I hope you would be able to give us the part number . Kindly specify if the part number is a benz part number or a bosch number. The guys at bosch are very technical on this matter, and for what ever reason, they can't seem to get to the point of the whole problem. (factory defect harness).

Your precise part number would be very helpful to all who has not been able to change to the newer harness. ASR problem has got to end some how or as far as those with V12's are concern.

·
Registered
1995 S600 (sold)
1,127 Posts
What you state in your thread is what I suspected cool. I was pretty sure that you could not buy that harness seperately. When I took my Throttle Actuators (TA) apart, I saw no MB p/n on the wire bundle. And as I stated in a previous thread, the bundle is permanently attached to the Throttle body. I was positive that the TA and wire were a single unit. I did not see a good way to detach the wire bundle from the TA without causing damage to the TA housing. If you can wait a little longer, I will be posting info on how I rewired my TA with new wire soon. I'm in the process of writing it now. I will post a thread giving the address of my new website.

·
Banned
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The harness attached to the actuator is easily taken out, all you need to do is to use a thin screw driver and insert it between the harness and the ring lock located at the end of the harness where the harness meet the actuator assy. you'll see a crown ring, its actually a lock so the harness would not be moving around. I would say it would take about 30 seconds to pull out that lock and there is nothing that would break in this proceedure, except if you are using a sharp bladed object, you might cut thru the harness exterior insulation.

looking forward to your next resolution to this problem. i am currently waiting for a reply from Bosch, they'll try to supply me direct from the factory the harness set only, will let you guys know what happen and if it is done, will try to assist you all in getting this harness, its truely a pain in the b_tt why mercedes benz as the car manufacturer would not take responsibility for these defect, its called a lemon production as far as the throttle actuator is concern.

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
cool - 3/28/2005 5:38 AM

The harness attached to the actuator is easily taken out, all you need to do is to use a thin screw driver and insert it between the harness and the ring lock located at the end of the harness where the harness meet the actuator assy. you'll see a crown ring, its actually a lock so the harness would not be moving around. I would say it would take about 30 seconds to pull out that lock and there is nothing that would break in this proceedure, except if you are using a sharp bladed object, you might cut thru the harness exterior insulation.

looking forward to your next resolution to this problem. i am currently waiting for a reply from Bosch, they'll try to supply me direct from the factory the harness set only, will let you guys know what happen and if it is done, will try to assist you all in getting this harness, its truely a pain in the b_tt why mercedes benz as the car manufacturer would not take responsibility for these defect, its called a lemon production as far as the throttle actuator is concern.
I would like you to help me find or buy one I want to replace mine...

·
Registered
S600L
541 Posts
Of to the main stealers AGAIN in the morning for a knocking from the front lefthand side and I will endevour to find out![;)]

·
Registered
S600L
541 Posts
For the V12 there are two possible part numbers for each side.The dealers do not supply the harnesses seperately unfortunately[xx(][xx(]
L/H/S 00141 7225 or 00141 8725
R/H/S 00141 3925 or 00141 8825
The price for each one is £1557.47 Kerrrrrrchiiiiing [xx(]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts