Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Re: CLK 430 cab silver/ash int. what color top???

1272 Views 4 Replies 0 Participants Last post by  Telhill
G

First I want to thank those of you with our responce to my question of which model to order 320 or 430.<p>I have decided to change my order to the 430 due to the extra muscle, AMG look, and exclusivity of fewer made. This will be<br>my main car for a few years then become my collectable for the future. The look of the CLK I think is awesome.<p>Now the question I have is the color I have chosen is the silver with ash interior. Although I am checking with the dealer about<br>the two tone ash/medium gray interior. However I ordered the car with the ash top since I like tone on tone normally, although<br>am wondering if the black top might not look better???<p>Since stepping up to the 430 and having already selected the multi contour seat and Timeport voice activated phone/CD<br>changer I decided to also go for the K4 package and comand system.<p>Well I know that I won't be adding anything else to the car and delivery will hopefully be by October. I am really looking<br>forward to it.<p>Jim<br>
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Congrats on your choice. You won't regret it. I have the interior you're talking about. It's the Ash/Oyster combo and is very elegant. It's refreshing to the eyes. The only thing I don't like about this combo is that I have to clean the leather more often than my M3 which has black interior. If I were you, I'd get the ash top so it will blend in better. Personally, I think Black will contrast to much with the overall look.<p>Best regards,<br>Frank<p><p>: First I want to thank those of you with our responce to my question of which model to order 320 or 430.<p>I have decided to change my order to the 430 due to the extra muscle, AMG look, and exclusivity of fewer made. This will be<br>my main car for a few years then become my collectable for the future. The look of the CLK I think is awesome.<p>Now the question I have is the color I have chosen is the silver with ash interior. Although I am checking with the dealer about<br>the two tone ash/medium gray interior. However I ordered the car with the ash top since I like tone on tone normally, although<br>am wondering if the black top might not look better???<p>Since stepping up to the 430 and having already selected the multi contour seat and Timeport voice activated phone/CD<br>changer I decided to also go for the K4 package and comand system.<p>Well I know that I won't be adding anything else to the car and delivery will hopefully be by October. I am really looking<br>forward to it.<p>Jim<br><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with Frank. Go with the ash top as for the interior, I prefer charcoal.

: Congrats on your choice. You won't regret it. I have the interior you're talking about. It's the Ash/Oyster combo and is very elegant. It's refreshing to the eyes. The only thing I don't like about this combo is that I have to clean the leather more often than my M3 which has black interior. If I were you, I'd get the ash top so it will blend in better. Personally, I think Black will contrast to much with the overall look.<p>Best regards,<br>Frank<p><p>: First I want to thank those of you with our responce to my question of which model to order 320 or 430.<p>I have decided to change my order to the 430 due to the extra muscle, AMG look, and exclusivity of fewer made. This will be<br>my main car for a few years then become my collectable for the future. The look of the CLK I think is awesome.<p>Now the question I have is the color I have chosen is the silver with ash interior. Although I am checking with the dealer about<br>the two tone ash/medium gray interior. However I ordered the car with the ash top since I like tone on tone normally, although<br>am wondering if the black top might not look better???<p>Since stepping up to the 430 and having already selected the multi contour seat and Timeport voice activated phone/CD<br>changer I decided to also go for the K4 package and comand system.<p>Well I know that I won't be adding anything else to the car and delivery will hopefully be by October. I am really looking<br>forward to it.<p>Jim<br><p><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Good choice!!<p>I have the ash interior and I can tell you that it's a nice color. With the top, you could go with either one and it will still look fabulous. Go with the one which you feel would make you happy. In the end, it's what you want that matters. Remember, you said that you'll be keeping this car for a long time.<p>Alex

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The silver with ash is very elegant and my 2nd cab is coming next month with that combination and a

: First I want to thank those of you with our responce to my question of which model to order 320 or 430.<p>I have decided to change my order to the 430 due to the extra muscle, AMG look, and exclusivity of fewer made. This will be<br>my main car for a few years then become my collectable for the future. The look of the CLK I think is awesome.<p>Now the question I have is the color I have chosen is the silver with ash interior. Although I am checking with the dealer about<br>the two tone ash/medium gray interior. However I ordered the car with the ash top since I like tone on tone normally, although<br>am wondering if the black top might not look better???<p>Since stepping up to the 430 and having already selected the multi contour seat and Timeport voice activated phone/CD<br>changer I decided to also go for the K4 package and comand system.<p>Well I know that I won't be adding anything else to the car and delivery will hopefully be by October. I am really looking<br>forward to it.<p>Jim<br><p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.