Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes 2002 e320 4matic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 E320 4matic wagon exterior rattle by Passenger Dash/Windshield
My 2002 E320 4matic Wagon has been fairly reliable. For two years, I have been hearing this nagging intermittent rattle that seems like it is coming from front passenger side dash/windshield area behind glove box. It almost sounds like hood is rattling. My mechanic has triple checked all suspension and even taken off front right wheel well to check for loose parts, brackets etc. We even had the sunroof checked and installed extra insulation. It is driving me nuts and no one can seem to locate it. Of course it never makes the noise when you need it to. It is the original windshield. Also had heat shield adjusted. HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
02 E320 4matic wagon exterior rattle by Passenger Dash/Windshield
My 2002 E320 4matic Wagon has been fairly reliable. For two years, I have been hearing this nagging intermittent rattle that seems like it is coming from front passenger side dash/windshield area behind glove box. It almost sounds like hood is rattling. My mechanic has triple checked all suspension and even taken off front right wheel well to check for loose parts, brackets etc. We even had the sunroof checked and installed extra insulation. It is driving me nuts and no one can seem to locate it. Of course it never makes the noise when you need it to. It is the original windshield. Also had heat shield adjusted. HELP!!!!!
Check the black plastic shield(s) on the OUTSIDE of the windshield. If the rubber edge has deteriorated or even disappeared totally, you may get either a whistling or rattling sound at certain speeds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts