Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a random thumping sound from the rear speakers of the Bose system? It happens in CD and radio mode -- sounds like a base drum. Very random -- no pattern is noticed. The radio was replaced and this problem continues. The problem only started AFTER the dealer looked at radio for another problem -- the variable volume was dropping too low as the car slowed and stopped.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re:

Just took delivery of 2002 C320 and have the same random thumping. Whatever it is, it continues on into the 2002 model year, indicating the factory has not fixed it. Have you taken it to the dealer? I will soon.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Thumping

Been to the dealer twice with this problem. Car returned after many days with ' Cannot Duplicate' on the service sheet. ie. I'm imagining it. Apart from disconnecting the rear speakers in the trunk I don't know what to do.<br> It appears as if this is not a common problem from the lack of interest in this post.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Thumping

Dealer finally fixed the problem after they duplicated the thumping in the shop. The problem was traced to a faulty amp. The amp and fiber optics were replaced. No further problems since. Cross your fingers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts