1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2004 ML350 I purchased 6 moths ago, I do not know if I have the
rain sensor or not, I have the red LED sensor that I can see on the windshield
at the rear of the rearview mirror.
when I turn intermidiate position on it wipes every 5 secons or so.
the CAR manual shows how to activate 5 secons delay but do not show how
to turn it of to normal rain sensor if I have that option please help.

·
Registered
601 Posts
that is not the rain sensor. the rain sensor im pretty sure is in the rectangular box where the rear view mirror mounts to the windshield. seeing as what reactions your getting, you probably dont have the rain sensor, because if you did, when put in the intermittent position, it wouldnt trigger the wipers until rain was falling on the windshield.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
that is not the rain sensor. the rain sensor im pretty sure is in the rectangular box where the rear view mirror mounts to the windshield.
That's the same thing that he described.

seeing as what reactions your getting, you probably dont have the rain sensor, because if you did, when put in the intermittent position, it wouldnt trigger the wipers until rain was falling on the windshield.
I'm pretty sure I have the sensor pre-installed, but not "activated" or anything. It only wipes every 5 seconds. You have rain sensor wipers, right? Does your sensor area look like mine:

I still can't get the cover behind the mirror where the sensor is to come off. I want see if it's as simple as some wiring and having it activated through the AAM. :bash:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes correct that's what I have

yes correct that's what I have but for some rison my wipers only work on
5 sec interwal only. some one please help.
could it be just bad sansor or some kind of setting?

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
yes correct that's what I have but for some rison my wipers only work on
5 sec interwal only. some one please help.
could it be just bad sansor or some kind of setting?
Do you have a list of the options that your ML came with? Mine didn't come with the package that included the rain-sensing wipers (so I only have the 5 sec. intermittent wipe), but I still have the sensors.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
is ther a way to add rain sensor option?
I have no idea. I still can't get the cover off of the rearview mirror (been trying for two years! :rotfl: ) to see how it's packaged behind there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts