Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While Mercedes had my car today i asked them about activating the rain sensor wipers via the star diagnostics and they had a good try but reckonned there is no rain sensor wiper unit fitted into my car!

·
Registered
SLK 350 due 03/05
90 Posts
I had my dealer do the same, they went through many ways of playing with the star computer to turn it on.

It played dumb, like there was no sensor. Oddly the star computer allowed the option, as if one was there.

? so who are these ppl that claim they can activate them.. is it true? no doubt r171.co.uk offer it, perhaps its a feature of the summer 2007 roof module ;-)

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mercedes thought they migth be fitted into some cars if you had a fuse no 22 in your fuse box, but they did not really elaborate on that.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
aquascape - 5/14/2005 3:58 PM

Mercedes thought they migth be fitted into some cars if you had a fuse no 22 in your fuse box, but they did not really elaborate on that.
Why would the rain sensor have a fuse - it draws power from the overhead control panel.

There is only one type of light sensor in the SPARE PARTS catalogue but that doesnt mean there isnt a cheaper version without a rain sensor.

In any event I would expect that the required procedure for a new windscreen should be followed so that the sensor can be initialised. I would be looking in the EIS and OCP coding functions.

Could be just that !

·
Registered
SLK 350 - 7G
7 Posts
thrilos - 6/17/2005 6:38 AM

I ASKED THEN TO ACTIVATE AND THEY DID IT WITHOUT CHARGING ME ANY MONEY

RGDS
Really? Dou you know how they did it?

In my dealer they try it but nothing happens...

If you can ask them and explain how to do, you can help a lot of people.

So, please, do it, ask your dealer !! [:D]

**Somebody tell me about activating in two different menus, maybe this is the mistery...**

·
Registered
2005 MB SLK 200 Komp
51 Posts
Did he work after the activation? At the dealer they activate mine but when it was raining it did not work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts