Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving home from the mall the other day, radio playing, and it just turned off, no display, no nothing. dead as a doornail. check all fuses when i got home, under the good, side of dash, and under rear seat, didn't find a single blown fuse. Anyone know what could of caused this, it was working perfectly, then just dead.

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
Hello Skirrby and welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to complete your user profile, available via the "User CP" link.

I don't know if there is a fuse at the back of your head unit. I would check that. If it appears to be good, check for power at the cable to the radio.

·
Registered
1997 E420 Sport & 2003 E 500 Sport & 2005 Covette C6
84 Posts
Same thing happened to me and after taking the radio out, I noticed a wire from the connector to the radio worked its way a tiny bit loose. (This after buying a new radio). I just pushed the wire in with a pliers and never had the problem again. Check the wire connector for a loose connections.

·
Registered
2001 E320 / S430
30 Posts
I'll listen to Matt on this one. My Becker head unit was dead when I got mine, it has a 10 amp fuse (or was it 20), which is located at the back side of the head unit. I fixed mine one from Autozone. Now it's connected to TomTom playing MP3 and answering phone. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet, ill check both the connection, and the fuse at the back. anyone know how to go about removing the head unit

·
Registered
2001 E320 / S430
30 Posts
sweet, ill check both the connection, and the fuse at the back. anyone know how to go about removing the head unit
You can make removal tool with thin and narrow blade of some sort or use pair of filet knife that fits, but radio removal tool is cheap. I suggest you to buy one.

Step 2

Just press play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts