Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to upgrade my factory radio. Need to know what head unit to get if I want to keep my 6-Disc CD changer in the trunk.<br> <br> any suggestions<br> <br> 95 E420<br> <br> thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jeff, If you have a Alpine CD Changer (not mercedes) Then there is one model cassette player and one model CD player by Alpine that you could get.<br> However you would need to get a new Data Cable to run back from the stereo to your CD changer.$$$<br> So if I was YOU. I would go for a new indash CD player with all the new bells and skip that old changer. talk to your local Car Stereo Store.<br> Good luck<br> Sean. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in the process of upgrading my current radio (in a 93 300 TE -it is a Becker 1432) and realized it would be better to just leave alone. Although I have found that for your situation if you have the factory cd it is probally either a Becker or an alpine unit. You could go to the Blaupunkt or the Becker Mexico, or they have a newer model availble with cd and din for current changer. The problem is the current Becker is in two parts and reaps havoc on the system if removed by DIY, or pay the $1500 to have pro do it especially if you have a oem installed phone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts