Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I’ve recently bought a CLK 500.
For some reason the radio head units date is stuck on 1999 and I can’t seem to change the time on unit .
I’ve changed the time on instrument panel no problem.

Problem is when I go into time and date settings I can only change the minutes and these seem to go up in increments of 15 ?
I can’t scroll across to Date or hours ?
I’ve tried a reset / time zone etc .
But it just won’t seem to select the date or hour .
Any help would be Appreciated.
Not the end of the world I know , but would be nice to try sort it out
Thanks

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,826 Posts
Move to the proper forum...

To answer your question, this is likely an issue with a bug in the GPS software. Your radio gets its date/time info from the GPS satellites. They don;t actually send the date, but instead send a coded value that indicates the week. That value rolls over every 1,024 weeks. The software int eh COMAND system doesn't understand that, so you get the wrong date. The only way to fix this would be to have the instrument cluster coding changed so that it does not have NAV. The COMAND unit's NAV functions would still work, but you would not get the NAV display on the instrument cluster's MFD, plus you woudl then have a menu on the MFD to set the date/time manually.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I have a similar issue in my 04 CLK320. Around mid 2018 for no apparent reason I lost the ability to set the time on my analogue clock via the Comand .and the NAV lost directional awareness. Not that I used it anyway. When in Comand and trying to set the time it would display ,,No GPS Data available..
I fitted another generic GPS ANTENNA but it made zero difference.. the only way I can set the time is by disconnecting and later reconnecting the battery at exactly 12.00.
My conclusion is as per Rudeney ,,it's a Comand software error...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your responses Guys , guess I will just have to live with it .
Not the end of the world , still an fantastic cat to drive with or without the time and date issue .
Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts