Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a new 05 CLK500 and I cannot figue out how to use my steering wheel controls to go through my station presets. It only seeks to the next station. There must be a way, otherwise why bother with the controls on the wheel if you have to reach and press to use your presets. Any idea on how to work this would be greatly appreciated!! [:)]

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
avenge69 - 4/24/2005 4:23 AM

Hello everyone. I have a new 05 CLK500 and I cannot figue out how to use my steering wheel controls to go through my station presets. It only seeks to the next station. There must be a way, otherwise why bother with the controls on the wheel if you have to reach and press to use your presets. Any idea on how to work this would be greatly appreciated!! [:)]
It appears that 05 cars dont have that function and that there is no voice control in some 05 USA cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, there is a way to fix it.
its in the set-up screen, and one of the options is scan or preset, just select preset and you should be fine.

I had the same problem.

good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately this is not the case. I also have the same problem (CLK 500 bought in Paris in August 2005). In the set-up screen there is no option. You only scan! And this is despite what is mentioned in the manual. Guess what MB's solution? They informed me (officially, by letter) that I was going to receive a new manual, which is not mentioning the pre-selection from the steering wheel!!! Well, since October 2004 I am still waiting for the modified manual! I have an other CLK 320 bought in August 2002, the system (Bose) works perfectly.
I think it would be useless to insist with these people. They have much more serious problems with 1,300,000 other MBs.
[V][V][V][V]

·
Registered
CLK 200K
2 Posts
I just got my car 6 weeks ago and not being able to switch presets by the steering wheel annoys me. Oh well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts