Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been complaining of excessive radio static on my B200 to no avail for 1 year now. It's a clicking sound and (I know this sounds crazy) but most noticeable when listening to strings or piano music. The same sound does not occur with a CD playing in the same unit so it is not a speaker problem.

Has anyone heard of this?

The Mercedes Dealer (Toronto), tried removing the radio and then replacing it but this did not solve the problem. They also checked and found that the 4 other B200's that were in stock had the exact same problem - other Mercedes models didn't. So about 10 months ago I was told that they had contacted the factory in Germany and once the problem was solved, they would correct this for me. However, every time I mention this recently, I'm told that it's probably the radio station.

In Toronto the FM channels are 96.41 FM and 9.63 FM both playing mainly classical music.

I've even checked it in real time alongside my son's Acura radio on the same station playing exactly the same music. The static is not occurring on his radio.

Any possible solutions out there?

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Hi Paul & welcome to the forum sorry I can't help you on this one but as they are a great bunch of guys here I'm sure someone will offer some advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, i have an issue that my Fm reception just got terrible and only works sometimes on my 2006 b200' any suggestions , or in your knowledge is this a common issue ? Any advice appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts