Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 C320 and really would like to change the standard radio. I would like to upgrade to some sort of NAV system. I am lost when it comes to this. How much of a problem will it be in order to do this? What models will I need to look for, so I will not have to make any modifications to the wiring? Hopefully I can stay factory. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1998 ML320; 2003 ML500
35 Posts
I have a 2002 C320 and really would like to change the standard radio. I would like to upgrade to some sort of NAV system. I am lost when it comes to this. How much of a problem will it be in order to do this? What models will I need to look for, so I will not have to make any modifications to the wiring? Hopefully I can stay factory. Thanks!
I don't think you CAN stay factory, because my sister-in-law has the same car, although a 2000 model, and hers does not appear to have enough space (vertical) for the NAV system MB was using at the time. (I've got a 2003 ML500 with the factory NAV, so I have some personal exposure to the relevant data.) You should probably post asking if anybody knows whether the C class has a one or two DIN setup in the dash. I don't recall exactly what DIN stands for, but it is the standard unit of measurement, regarding interoperability issues, in this context.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts