Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
buckman
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haev a 1992 300D. The radio was fine when I bought it three months ago. simultaneously i had it detailed and someone broke the antenna. At that point the reception went bad. Obviously, I thought it was the antenna, but when I replaced the antenna, nothing improved, so I wondered if the detailer had pulled some wires loose with the old phone hookup wires coming out from under the console (see I was thinking logically).

What to do? Anyone have any helpful schematics for this year/radio/phone set up.

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
ML350
686 Posts
wbuckman said:
I haev a 1992 300D. The radio was fine when I bought it three months ago. simultaneously i had it detailed and someone broke the antenna. At that point the reception went bad. Obviously, I thought it was the antenna, but when I replaced the antenna, nothing improved, so I wondered if the detailer had pulled some wires loose with the old phone hookup wires coming out from under the console (see I was thinking logically).

What to do? Anyone have any helpful schematics for this year/radio/phone set up.

Thanks, Bill
you should have posted your two posts together since they are related (assuming this is the same car as in your other post.)

the problem is almost certainly that the turn-on lead that activates the antenna amplifier is broken, disconected or the radio output is damaged. at the same time the tel mute lead is shorting to ground which is causing the tel message. pull the radio and start taking a look at the wiring on the back. also check wiring that is exposed at the console. post pics here so we can see whats going on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts