Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
E55 2000
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 E55 - The main headlamps are Xenon, and GREAT. The other lamps look like regular halogen, dont throw that much more light on "highbeam" and I'd like to to upgrade them. Any suggestions - different bulbs available ?

ALSO - my Comand system AM reception stinks ! Maybe its the internal antenna ? What can be done to improve AM reception ?

THX !

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
104 Posts
Not much can be done to really legally turn those other lights from yellow. On the right ...

Not much can be done to really legally turn those other lights from yellow. On the right regular bulbs in fog and city light. On the left I upgraded fog to PIAA Super Plasma H3 and the H6W city light bulb is a Philips Blue Vision. Not a big change just slight.

·
Registered
E55 2000
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kev

I replaced my high beams with 5000K Xenon bulbs. Look on EBay - theres a bunch of them offered. BIG improvement.

The color looks very close to my real HID Xenon main headlights too - halogen is way too yellow.

·
Registered
E55 2000
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Kev -

My new H7 5000k xenon high beams look great next to my HID headlamps, but - that little "miniature" city /parking light in with the high beams is still too yellow for me, and I'd like to replace it.

Sounds like you have done that ? If so - what the heck size is that little thing, and do you know a good "xenon" bluish white source for them ? THX !

·
Registered
E55 2000
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate it Kev ...

I'll try them out.

Also - (still on lights) my buddy just put 6000K MotionR H7 high beams on his e430 sport - closest thing I've seen to HID Xenon. My 5000K FX's look great, but the 6000K's are even better. Anybody interested search on Ebay under 6000K xenon.

Maty have found out the reason for my poor AM reception - broken antenna wire in the rear window. These wires are VERY thin and are glued to the inside (interior) of the rear window. Mine is broken about 1/2 way up ... see what the dealer says...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts