Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I could not find a clear answer whether raster can be changed to EU on a US Comand (MCS2) on my 2008 GL.

Please help

Thanks.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts
Cannot give a clear answer but I would ask your workshop look at it with SDS, usually the channel raster is programmable.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,092 Posts
Here's some speculation that I think makes sense.

USA COMAND have a button for SAT radio.

SAT radio doesn't exist in the EU.

Therefore a different COMAND is specified for EU markets.

Therefore what incentive is there for the USA COMAND to be tunable to EU specs? As a USA owner I sure don't want to have to pay for this feature I'll never use.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts

Therefore what incentive is there for the USA COMAND to be tunable to EU specs? As a USA owner I sure don't want to have to pay for this feature I'll never use.
This speculation does make sense but then again I've seen the US FM channel raster as an option for Euro/ROW head units. I should have checked for a navigation capable unit or something similar that does not work in the US. The selection makes sense for a basic radio without sat radio or navigation support.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well, the car was imported from the US so the only option I have is to find how to change the radio raster or pay a lot for a new EU comand...I do not care if I loose the other options like SAT and NAV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts