Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My wife has an E430 sport, 6 months ago she hit a bump and the radio would not turn on, I reseated the connections under the back seat, entered the code and all was well.

3 weeks ago she was driving and the radio cut off again, this time she just turned it back on, entered the code and again, all was well.

A few days ago the radio again turned off, this time the it acts like the code is incorrect, it asks 3 times, then goes to wait for 5 to 10 minutes, then asks for the code again ?

We are 1005 positive the code is correct, any suggestions ?
thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
101 Posts
Rick, is your car a W211? What year is your E430?
If your car is a W211, take it to the dealer and complain. Perhaps the car doesn't have the latest software or perhaps you are having problems with the Audio Gateway. If your car is a W210, post in that forum and/or in the Audio forum. Hope this helps.
William
2003 E320

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
mavrick331 - 4/6/2005 1:51 PM

Hello all,

My wife has an E430 sport, 6 months ago she hit a bump and the radio would not turn on, I reseated the connections under the back seat, entered the code and all was well.

3 weeks ago she was driving and the radio cut off again, this time she just turned it back on, entered the code and again, all was well.

A few days ago the radio again turned off, this time the it acts like the code is incorrect, it asks 3 times, then goes to wait for 5 to 10 minutes, then asks for the code again ?

We are 1005 positive the code is correct, any suggestions ?
thanks,
Rick
What about the other end where the fuse is. Did you look there too ?

I wonder if the radio is on the fritz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts