This is another gremlin I've not found in my searching. After a quick bout with a burning smell the radio quit working altogether. Likely due to the burning smell or something related the battery died after sitting for a bit. After recharging it, I discovered the radio worked fine. It continued to operate for a couple weeks and all seemed well. I let my wife start driving it again and it stopped after a bit again. It was dead when I went out tonight, disconnected the battery and reconnected it. Bingo! Its back on again. I found out there are several fuses for the radio, but is there a breaker or some sort of overload protection involved that anyone knows of?