Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't actually own a Merc but I do work on quite a few in my workshop.

I currently have a 2003 ish CLK 240 which has a fault with the radio only receiving signal for local radio stations, so it wont pick anything up before 102.0FM. All the local ones are like, 102.3, 103.0, 105.2, 107.6 etc and they are all fine. But the likes of Radio 2 88.0 (i think) and Radio 1 98.2 dont work.

Is there something obvious that I have missed?

I know this is only my second post and im asking for help, but i've used this site many times and it has helped every time!

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
The owner hasn't fitted metallised foil window tints, have they?

There are 'active' antenna amplifiers fitted on the rear window (but under the roof lining). Tricky to get to.

If there is a Sound System, there will be 10 speakers. otherwise only 6. Sound system is fused (f26, 25A) in the cockpit, drivers side fusebox.

You didn't say what the audio type is. Could be Audio 10, Audio 20. Audio 30 or COMAND.

The FM antennas are integrated into the rear window heater wires (coupe only) as shown below. Any damage there?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The car is a convertible if that make any difference also.

The radio is an Audio 10. CD player, changed from a cassette player which was also and Audio 10 afaik

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Thanks for the reply. The car is a convertible if that make any difference also.
Ah - you should have said....:)

The antennas on the 'vert are in totally different positions to the coupe. You didn't say when this fault developed. Not when the audio upgrade was done, by any chance?

Here are some WIS diagrams showing where the FM antennas and their amplifiers are located on the cabriolet. Maybe there is a connector problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ah - you should have said....:)

The antennas on the 'vert are in totally different positions to the coupe. You didn't say when this fault developed. Not when the audio upgrade was done, by any chance?

Here are some WIS diagrams showing where the FM antennas and their amplifiers are located on the cabriolet. Maybe there is a connector problem.
how can i dowload the charts ?

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
can you help me to download the charts. is it still there ?
Are you referring to the .pdf files? Yes they are still there.

Just click on the filename and follow the prompt. You have to have Adobe pdf Reader loaded on your pc/mac. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts