Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GL 450 & 2003 E320
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 GL450. My radio works .... but my LCD screen doesn't . It changes colors. Lines on screen. the functions work, but I can see what I'm doing. Obviously my backup camera is now useless.

What are my options? But a used system? Replace the screen? Is this a common issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 GL 450 4Matic
1,184 Posts
If the screen is indeed bad there are some third parties put there that do repairs on these units. I would verify the fault by removing your command unit and verifying all of the connections in the rear are good and tight. Also there are several companies that offer remanufactured units at decent prices. You can also go with aftermarket if you choose (AVIN, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 GL 450 & 2003 E320
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I found someone near me that was recommended on another chat that fixes it for $300. It will be done while I wait so I can make sure it's fixed before I leave. I want to keep the original unit that came with the car if possible. Pretty sure all is plugged in ok (?) .... screen comes on . But maybe I'll have him look before he starts work

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced mine with a used unit bought on eBay. You will have to have the dealer reprogram the vehicle before everything works.

·
Registered
2012 GL 450 & 2003 E320
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just had mine fixed. he just replaced the facing, and it works fine., $300. Did not replace the whole unit. He has a site on ebay. Jimmy Chen , Milford NJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts