Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 SL 320 factory radio knob is kind of beat up - it seems to be made of some kind soft rubber - and I would like to replace it. The dealer said it only comes with a radio, so that's out. I guess I would need a used knob. Has anyone tried to source radio knobs?

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
My 96 SL 320 factory radio knob is kind of beat up - it seems to be made of some kind soft rubber - and I would like to replace it. The dealer said it only comes with a radio, so that's out. I guess I would need a used knob. Has anyone tried to source radio knobs?
Ship the head unit back to Becker and have it rebuilt. It will be good as new, and it's not that expensive at all.

Contact them at their website. index

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a Bose system. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with the radio - it works fine. I just want a new on/off/volume knob.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Well you can purchase the knob. Please read http://www.benzworld.org/forums/3664284-post2.html

And the verdic is still out on how to R&R the knob.
Since I wrote that post 2 years ago, I have since learned that the knobs are in fact replaceable on their own, and that you can buy the knob separately. My mechanic told me about it awhile back, but I had forgotten this thread or I would've corrected myself.

Apparently you just pull on the knob and it pops off. But personally, I'd be scared to break something. I say let the dealer do it, so if they break it they have to buy you a new radio...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts