Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 W210 E320
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some radio keys from ebay and went to stick them in my radio key slots in my radio and they went less than halfway in and stopped? So I took the same keys and pushed them into the AC control unit key slots above the radio and they snapped in perfectly and I pulled the console out.

Why do you guys think that they didn't fit in my radio? I have 4 keys (pictured below) and tried all 4 of them and none of them worked for the radio. Does the radio take a different set of keys than the AC console?

Mine came with 4 but none of them worked for the radio :confused:

In case I have the wrong keys, could one of you fellas post the part # for these little suckers? Appreciate it.

Attachments

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,108 Posts
those keys depicted should have worked. that said, it is not unusual for the spring
loaded catch on the radio to jam. annoying when that happens. try jiggling and
applying pressure to the keys in various directions etc. i wonder whether someone
tried to release the radio by 'picking' it without using the proper tool? do you see
any scratches etc?

·
Registered
2002 W210 E320
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of that and checked for scratches when I couldn't get them to lock in but didn't see any. I will try what you suggested and see what happens.

·
Registered
2000 E430 4-Matic
12 Posts
Last weekend I took one of my daughters emery boards and cut it at an angle shoved it in the radio release clips and whalla out came the radio.

·
Registered
2005 W215 CL500
3,585 Posts
Last weekend I took one of my daughters emery boards and cut it at an angle shoved it in the radio release clips and whalla out came the radio.
Or cut up a credit card (you know you want to).

BTW: For future reference instead of "whalla" try "voila"...it's French you know.;)

·
Registered
2002 W210 E320
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well at least I know I have the right set of keys. I spent the majority of my night last night fixing an air leak on my tire that was coming from a tiny crack in the rim rather than the rubber tire itself. Epoxy and slime airup did the trick but boy it was a pain.

ANYWAY, raymond, I jiggled and played with the key for a while and managed to get a key into the right slot of the radio, still haven't managed to get it in the left yet. But thanks to your suggestion I'm making progress :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts