Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Make one

I just went through this with a highly regarded installer that sells becker equipment. He custom made one for a MBZ dealer and has pictures. It took him four hours to make and charged $250 for labor alone on the install. The factory radio is wider and taller than a standard din. To complicate matters it's not square and it's convex in both directions. The plate fit well but the aftermarket radio looked very out of place because it's so much smaller and the plastic look of it. He also had one of the only Becker Energy 350 amp around ($600). It's the only amp (other than the factory Bose) that plugs into the fiber loop. He recommended against it. I know how you feel. The radio sounds like crap and they want a fortune for a CD changer that isn't worth $200.<br> <br> I think the best bet is to make the best out of the factory radio and spruce up the sound with better speakers and a sub woofer w/amp.<br> <br> Keep us posted if you come across something.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Make one

I ordered my c320 without a stereo, so it came with an empty din (standard stereo) size aperture. Since this is a mercedes part I am sure you will be able to get it as a special order from mercedes benz.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Read my message in this forum called:<br> <br> Answer for Mercedes Fiber Optic Debate <br> <br> for you answer,<br> <br> Out

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the Mercedes part number is, wait for it ......<br> <br> 2036830091.7c45 price in England is £10 Only one in stock in country

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a single din fold out style screen DVD/MP3/CD player, radio installation kit and it has no clearance problems at all. In the fully tilt up position it is close but the angle is so extreme it would make any sense to have it like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts