Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 E320 Sedan
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where are the fuse(s) to the radio located? I rebulit the leaking main lift soft top cylinder. Once reassembled the BOSE Stereo with the 6-CD changer in trunk works fine. But, the attenna now does not raise and the radio as such has no reception. No sound at all in fact.

Did not miss any wires. Only connection was microswitch, heater connection for hard top, rear speaker and sub amp.

·
Registered
'90 300SL ,'84 300DT
149 Posts
similar

Hello,
I can't offer much help; however, you will see that your issue is quite similar to mine (please see recent thread "someone will know". Currently, I can't get the radio out to check for a bad ground or bench test it. The removal tools that I bought are absolutely no help. I also ordered copper fuses (as others' have suggested) and will change all the fuses in case they are the culprit. Please let me know your progress.

Ron

·
Registered
1994 E320 Sedan
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE

checked fuses in front panel. both ok. looked at ground and wires by antenna motor. all look fine. i did not change any rear dr side cylinders so no work was done there. I did push the wires a bit to get to the main lift bolt on the dr side but nothing extreme. I know others say it's unrelated but seems odd that the radio/antenna worked perfectly before I changed the main dr side lift cylinder. CD works so unit has power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts