Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SL 29,124 orig miles/2004 S500AMG 99,075/1999 SLK 124,000/2011 Cadillac SRX 28,000 miles
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted earlier this week, the radio headunit in my 1987 560SL is the original and I was reluctant to swap it out and deviate in any way from the original EQ in this car - For me half the pleasure of driving these beautiful cars includes great music of all types at various volumes, I decided to invest in the Bose Portable Soundock which works great, sounds great, albeit pricey ($399 at most retailers). It fits cleanly on the back cargo shelf and can easily be locked in the trunk when parked etc. With the cost of most new quality headunits in the same range, this seemed like a perfect solution without cutting into my dash, or changing out the original Becker which is garbage (Mercedes should be ashamed placing that in their vehicles at the prices they charged for these vehicles when new).

What I like is that I can use a 1/8 auxilary cable and plug my ipod/Iphone4/cd player right into the rear of the soundock and not need to worry about docking my iphone which would be tricky with bumps etc while driving since it would vibrate and wobble - sound quality and volume are both great - classical music as well as hard rock sound clear. The unit comes with a remote which can easily be used to skip through, adjust volume, etc while driving.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts