Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in regardes to a post that was on here about 2 weeks ago or so. Some people noticed that the radio light would dim or would become stronger for no reason. There is a sensor on the car, not sure if its in the car or if its in the rear view mirror from the outside but here is the perfect test anyone can do to see this function work. When its sunny out side and your car is parked in the garage open the garage turn off the lights and back up slowly. First because its not bright and no lights are on the display will be DIM because not alot of light is coming in. Now as u back up slowly keep your eyes on the radio display and u will notice once the car is fully out side the garage the display will become brighter. Works every time. Hell i look at it every day, its cool watching it change LOL. The only explanation I cant realy give is when you are driving at 4am and its dark and for no reason the light becomes brighter for no reason. That happend to me 2 times and im not sure if like i said earlier that the rear view mirror sensor on the out side is detecting light from the light posts as u are driving and once u get to a darker area its becomes brighter. But hope this helps some of u understand the concept and if anyone can add anything to my theory please feel free to. Take care

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to clarify

Just to make sure no one got confused. When alot of light hits the car then the display screen gets brighter since u cant see it when there is so much sun. When there its dark and not too much light hits the car then it dims to save power or what have you. I know some of you might thought that at night its supposed to get brighter but thats not how it works. Like i said it only got brighter 2 times at night for me and thats because i might have been getting alot of light from underneath a light poll as im driving but thats my theory

1 - 2 of 2 Posts