Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded to a 2016 E400 Cabriolet. It has only 17,500 miles and is immaculate. However, when the convertible top completes its cycle, either up or down, the radio/CD/media player (whichever is engaged) momentarily cuts out. Every time.
It's more than a flicker but not like a full on/off switch. The dealer tells me that it is connected to the antenna (?). I call BS. My mechanic tells me that it may involve audio components in the rear panel.
Has anyone else experience this? If so, what was the result?
Thanks!

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,690 Posts
My R230 SL does this, too, but my W209 CLK did not. I don't think it has anything to do with the antenna because I am normally listening to streaming or stored music. I assume it's some signal coming over the CAN bus dealing with the roll bar system that is sort of an overriding message. But that's just a wild theory.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My 2016 E200 does this, and I would say that it absolutely is connected to the car's aerial (which is located on the boot lid), and that this would be typical (the use of the word "normal" is entirely inappropriate) for this model.

Remember too that the antennae requires a ground connection in order to operate effectively, and while the boot lid is raised for stowage/release of the roof, that ground connection will be severely compromised, which I expect would be the issue that we're seeing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
gstark
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing