Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected the battery as per my previous post of gearbox problems.

I do not have the code of the radio, it is the ML10 factory installed radio. Is there any way to get the code, or must I take it to the dealers (long drive), or will they just accept a phone call with the vin number?

Well, I can fax them the registration papers, but what if there is a cost implication?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
You can call the dealer, and ask them what they will require to give you the radio code on the MB file for your VIN#. The MB record will show both the serial # of the radio that was installed originally in that car, and the unlock code for that original radio.

Often original owner's, or original tech's will write the radio code inside the front or back cover of the owners manual - if you have that manual it's worth checking.

There are some "free" online decoders on the internet that may or may not work - and they work from the serial# of the radio itself, and not from the VIN#.

If you pull the radio itself, the serial # is on the top or back of the unit, It unlocks using radio "keys" that go into the slots under the radio, many have used mocked up keys for that slot like long nail file/boards.

One radio code calculator online that others have used is:

www.radio-code.lt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Radoi codes solved

Thanks for answering.

Phone MB this morning. They want me to bring the vehicle with it's papers in order to pull the radio for serial number and vin number. Seeing that I do not have the real radio keys, and I don't want to scratch or damage anything, this seemed to be the best way. 70kms to there and 70kms back.

Took a chance and phoned the previous owner and HIS WIFE REMEMBERED THE CODE!

Now safely written in the radio instruction manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the procedure for inputting the code into the radio? I have a 99 ML430 with a the bose radio tape deck. =) Any tips on that? I have the correct code, call the dealer ship and provided them the serial # for radio. When I enter code radio goes to wait...wait...wait...LOL. Any knowledge you guys can share...thanks - Gino

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
Raya
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing