Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have had my 99 slk230 since 4/05, had to replace the battery today, not knowing about a code for the radio. we have no owners manual from the original owner or the radio code card. any help would be appreciated... thanks

·
Registered
966 Posts
jazzyja said:
have had my 99 slk230 since 4/05, had to replace the battery today, not knowing about a code for the radio. we have no owners manual from the original owner or the radio code card. any help would be appreciated... thanks
i believe you are in the wrong forum, you want the r170 one. not that someone won't reply but you will have better luck there. this is the r171 forum for slk 280,200,350,and 55.do a search for radio codes

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I'm not sure how MBs work, but I just had a similar dilemma with my Honda. Took it to the Honda dealer and they told me that sometimes the code is found on the side of the glove box or near the fuse panel. Unfortunately, the code couldn't be found in either location. The dealer told me that the only way they could get the code was to get the serial number off of the side of the radio, which involved taking apart the dash. Luckily, the prior owner found the code after a second search through their documents and I was able to activate the radio without tearing apart the dash.
The MBs may work in the same way. I can't imagine that they synch the VIN number of the car with the serial number of the radio, but maybe they do. It would definitely work out nice for you if they did. Let us know what you find out. I'm curious.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm pretty sure MB corporate has the serial codes stored in a master file somewhere. Go to any MB service and ask to get it and they will figure out how.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, I Just Bought An Older 90 300se Same Issue...how To Re-set
The Dealer Gave Me The Code, Then Push Scan...nothing Still Locked Out.

This Is A Loooong Quiet Weekend, Any Help??

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
If the dealer gave you the code and the proper instructions to activate, it should work. If it were me, I'd go back to the dealer to see if you're missing a step. Also, make sure that you're inputting the correct codes. With my Honda, all I had to do was turn the radio on and input the codes. After that, "Voila," the radio worked. Not saying that this is the same procedure with the MB, but it should be something similar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
NewMB
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing