Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 E320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded my IP cluster several months ago because I thought I might like to try the added smart wheel features with the upgraded dash. The car is a 1998 E320. The IP switch went well enough. I disconnected the battery to be safe and the new dash plugged right in. Sure, many of the pixels were faulty, the temp gage was faulty, the clock was difficult to set, but it overall worked. The original radio was okay with the swap as well.

Two weeks ago I disconnected the battery because of some other work to be done. When it was reconnected, the radio asked of the codes. No problem, the dealer game me the codes a year ago and it worked then, but this time around the codes did not work. Odd.

I swapped the IP cluster back to the original thinking that perhaps the radio needed some security info from the IP cluster. I left the battery disconnected for 24 hours. After connecting the battery again I found that the radio still did not like the original codes. What gives? Is it possible that the radio can change its own code?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

·
Registered
1998 E320
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The dealer worked on my car and fixed the access code issue. I don't know why/how it works now, but it does. It's all Greek to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts